Is this study suitable for me?
There are different ways of managing tinnitus. The first step is letting your doctor know that you have tinnitus and have a medical examination if required. This study aims to provide information and techniques, which may help manage the distress tinnitus causes. It will, therefore, not take tinnitus away, but will help lessen the impact of tinnitus. This particular program may be suitable if:
- Tinnitus is causing you significant problems either to you or your significant other and you are motivated to do something about it
- You are 18 years or older without any other major medical or psychosocial problems.
- You are able to commit to fully giving this program your best and trying new techniques
- You are able to use the Internet and have access to a computer. The program can also be viewed on a tablet or smartphone although the layout may look different.
- The most important part is committing to setting some time aside each day to practice the techniques suggested independently. This may include doing some relaxation.
- You also have the option of inviting a significant other to join the study.
- You have the right to withdraw from the study at any stage